Wednesday 13 August 2014

Paris: Patterned Velvet and Tame Impala 11.08.14



Hello!


I haven't made any posts in a while because I've been holidaying in France, spending a while with my family in Normandy and a week at my boyfriend's house in South-West France. I have loads of photos to put up on the blog from my whole couple of weeks and they probably won't be in chronological order, but I've chosen to start with some photos I took in Paris, where my boyfriend and I had a few hours to spend before catching another train. 

I've taken so many pictures recently because I received a DSLR camera for my birthday which was last week! I'm so grateful for it - it's my first proper camera and I've already taken over 500 photos on it. The quality is amazing and I've been finding it really easy to use, and have been loving taking pictures with it! If you're interested, the model is a Nikon D3200. 

We only had a short while in Paris, and although it is a beautiful city with lots of attractions, we got pretty lost on several occasions. I always find myself ending up on weird backstreets when wandering about Paris - I don't know if it's because the city is quite spread out in terms of lively areas or if it's just my abysmal sense of direction! 

We decided to visit Le Jardin de Luxembourg, mainly because it's the scene of the album cover for 'Lonerism' by one of my favourite bands - Tame Impala. It was so cool seeing the scene in real life, especially as it's a such a great album cover. If you don't know Tame Impala, definitely check them out - they're an Australian psychedelic-rock band who make wonderful floaty music which makes you feel like you are drifting on fluffy clouds of smiles and happiness.

Later on we had a delicious lunch of steak, which came with pasta (?) (France lol) and got an ice cream, and just wandered about the streets of Paris praying the spits of rain wouldn't turn into a storm. Although we were a bit disappointed as we couldn't find any nice shops to buy things in, it was lovely admiring the amazing architecture of the houses and majestic-looking buildings in the city.

Despite the slightly rainy weather, it was quite a warm day. Regarding clothes, I had to be sure I was wearing something comfortable for several hours of train journey in. I decided to go for a new black top with lace detail from Urban Outfitters (which was a birthday present) (thank you Jake, my lovely patterned velvet leggings from Urban Outfitters and my trusty purple velvet Doc Martens. Note: there is no such thing as too much velvet.

I'll be making another post soon of pictures I took with my friends Holly and Summer at a festival run by my boyfriend's parents at their beautiful house in France! I hope you like these pictures and are having a great summer x


















1 comment:

  1. Aw these pictures are so nice!! I love your outfit!! Can't wait to see the next bunch :D xxx
    Holly xxx

    http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete