Friday 3 October 2014

Vintage and Vinyl Shopping in Manchester


I spent last weekend staying with my cousin in her student house in Manchester. I was pretty excited to go up as I've only been a couple of times before and it's somewhere I'm quite interested in going to uni. It's going to be quite weird moving out next year because I feel like even if I go to another big city like Manchester, nowhere will compare to London which is where I've lived my whole life. And it's also going to be weird because I still feel like I am a 7 year old child. And am still the height of one. But I will CROSS THAT BRIDGE WHEN I COME TO IT. 

We were at a house party on the night we arrived, but the day after we went for an explore in the city centre. We found quite a lot of funky vintage shops, cafés and vinyl fairs which was great and felt quite a bit like London in that sense. I especially liked Pop Boutique which had loads of nice shirts and jumpers - I think there's one in London but I don't even know where it is..:') I didn't buy anything though because I'm trying to restrict my spending as I currently probably can't even fund 1 tube fair let alone festivals next summer! I literally need a job so much.

I felt like overall, the city had a really nice atmosphere and it was really nice to experience a bit of student/social life there as it's something you can't really get from going on an open day. I didn't take loads of pictures and most of them are inside shops so it's a bit pointless but I thought they turned out okay anyway!

Eloïse











This duck was a phone. Like you life the top half of the duck off and it's a phone. That is all.









3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post so much!! It looks really really nice there, & these pictures are so pretty! I love pics of shops and clothes, & love the portrait pic of you! My favorite blog post of yours so far :D
    Summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks so clean and fresh; I love it! Also, the pictures you take are so beautiful :)

    - ash

    Ash//Two Times Life

    ReplyDelete